Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stair Stepping

OK, after our meeting this morning I left for Knoxville to help my oldest move. Now, here is the deal. He moved out of an apartment that is on the 3rd floor, every apt. is two floors. It was 54 steps up so 108 steps round trip. I didn't start counting for several trips. Made 22+ round trips 108 steps for 22 trips is 2360 steps, and that is carrying a load every trip down. I was soaking wet with sweat. I was a little embarrassed! His apt. he moved into is on the 2nd floor with 14 steps. We made as many trips up those steps as the apt. he moved out of! That is at least another 616+ steps. How many activity pts. would this equal? I think several!
But, his current favorite restaurant is Hooters. YUK! There is not very much there to choose from so I went with the club sandwich on whole wheat w/o cheese. Heated. No fries. I also drank countless ounces of water for the day! Did you know that each wing is 2-3 pts. each. Talk about adding up! So I skipped those.
OK, off to soak in the tub. My son had better take care of me when I am too old to walk by myself! (Of course how many times has my mom helped me move?)

No comments:

Post a Comment