Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 18 Meeting

I hope that everyone was able to leave Saturday feeling good and ready to have a Great week! Remember to fill half your plate with veggies. I know more than anyone that can be a most difficult task. I was able to get in four servings of fruits and veggies yesterday. My craisins at lunch, warmed up green beans and zuchinni cakes at lunch and grilled corn at supper. Remember to refer to your previous books weeks. Especially Book 5: Eat Out and On the Run. I seems like this time of the year whether on vacation or staycation we tend to eat on the run a bit more. Although, I think I tend to say the same thing during the school year!

When discussing vacation foods and special foods, because let's face it we all have our special restaurants and favorite splurge foods, keep this in mind: Choose an appetizer portion, use those little plates the waiter brings to the table rather than eat from the appetizer plate; share an entree' and add a salad or soup that you eat first; eat slowly and savor each bite; ask for local fruits and vegetables that are seasonal and ask how the food is prepared; share that special dessert with everyone at the table. Please share tips that have worked for you! These tips can also work when at home or at family gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment