Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gratitude Journal

Developing an attitude of gratitude toward the people, things and events in your life is a life-affirming and effective way to strengthen your emotional resilience and reduce stress, among other things. Maintaining a gratitude journal makes it easy to get in the habit of focusing on the positive in your life, while also reaping the benefits of journaling. The following are simple steps to maintaining a gratitude journal -- a useful tool for stress management.


Difficulty: Easy

Time Required: A Few Minutes A Day
 
Another way I use my 3 month journal/tracker is to write positves from my day.  I try not to harp on the negative which is so easy to do, especially in my weight loss journey, my job, my family, oops didn't mean to get negative!.  So if you don't have time for a separate journal (which I do not) try writing in your tracker.  I get a nice smile every once in awhile when I look back not only at my food choices, but other events in my life.  I think some silly people might call that a "warm fuzzy feeling".
 
Yesterday's gratitude was "I drove in the snow all by myself and was able to get to Weight Watchers safely!"
Now I know I can do it.  I have before, just not very often.  Remember I grew up in the 70's, when we had REAL snow here in East TN!  Then I moved to texas and Middle TN where they don't know what snow is!!
 
Have a great day and drive safe tomorrrow, there is snow coming again tonight!!!!!
 
 Click here for a link to why journaling benefits your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment